Foxfire 8: Southern Folk Potter from Pug Mills, Ash Glazes, Groundhog Kilns to Face Jugs, Churns, Roosters, Mule Swapping and Chicken Fighting (Foxfire Series #8) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Foxfire Series series.
- #1: The Foxfire Book: Hog Dressing, Log Cabin Building, Mountain Crafts and Foods, Planting by the Signs, Snake Lore, Hunting Tales, Faith Healing, Moonshining (Foxfire Series #1) (Paperback): $21.95
- #2: Foxfire 2: Ghost Stores, Spring Wild Plant Foods, Spinning and Weaving, Midwifing, Burial Customs, Corn Shuckin's, Wagon Making (Foxfire Series #2) (Paperback): $21.00
- #3: Foxfire 3: Animal Care, Banjos and Dulimers, Hide Tanning, Summer and Fall Wild Plant Foods, Butter Churns, Ginseng (Foxfire Series #3) (Paperback): $21.95
- #4: Foxfire 4: Fiddle Making, Spring Houses, Horse Trading, Sassafras Tea, Berry Buckets, Gardening (Foxfire Series #4) (Paperback): $21.95
- #5: Foxfire 5: Ironmaking, Blacksmithing, Flintlock Rifles, Bear Hunting (Foxfire Series #5) (Paperback): $21.95
- #6: Foxfire 6: Shoe Making, 100 Toys and Games, Gourd Banjos and Song Bows, Wooden Locks, A Water-Powered Sawmill (Foxfire Series #6) (Paperback): $21.95
- #7: Foxfire 7: Ministers and Church Members, Revivals and Baptisms, Shaped-Note and Gospel Singing, Faith Healing and Camp Meetings, Foot Washing, Snake Handling (Foxfire Series #7) (Paperback): $21.00
- #9: Foxfire 9: General Stores, The Jud Nelson Wagon, A Praying Rock, A Catawban Indian Potter, Haint Tales, Quilting, Homes Cures, The Log Cabin Revisited (Foxfire Series #9) (Paperback): $21.00
- #10: Foxfire 10: Railroad Lore, Boardinghouses, Depression-Era Appalachia, Chairmaking, Whirligigs, Snake Canes, Gourd Art (Foxfire Series #10) (Paperback): $21.00
- #11: Foxfire 11: The Old Home Place, Wild Plant Uses, Preserving and Cooking Food, Hunting Stories, Fishing, More Affairs of Plain Living (Foxfire Series #11) (Paperback): $21.95
- #12: Foxfire 12: Square Dancing, Crafts, Cherokee Traditions, Summer Camps, World War Veterans, Personalities (Foxfire Series #12) (Paperback): $21.95
- #13: The Foxfire 40th Anniversary Book: Faith, Family, and the Land (Foxfire Series #13) (Paperback): $21.00
First published in 1972, The Foxfire Book was a surprise bestseller that brought Appalachia's philosophy of simple living to hundreds of thousands of readers. Whether you wanted to hunt game, bake the old-fashioned way, or learn the art of successful moonshining, The Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center had a contact who could teach you how with clear, step-by-step instructions.
In the eighth volume of the series, we explore southern folk pottery from pug mills, ash glazes, and groundhog kilns to face jugs, churns and roosters, as well as mule swapping, chicken fighting, and more.
About the Author
Founded in 1966, FOXFIRE is a nonprofit education organization. Foxfire's learner-centered, community-based approach is advocated through The Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center and grounded in the Southern Appalachian culture that promotes a sense of place and appreciation of local people and culture as essential educational tools.